The Standering Hall was originally built as a Church Hall for St James’ in 1913, named after Miss Standering who paid for its construction. Subsequently, extensions have been added over the years proving St James’ with a number of rooms and halls. The large and small hall are available for hire, as well as a well-equipped kitchen.
The hall had suffered from a lack of maintenance over several decades but in 2008 we received funding from WREN to begin the refurbishment of the building. A new heating system was installed and the kitchen and toilets were completely refurbished. In December 2009 we were offered matched funding by the Holbeck Charitable Trust to renovate the small hall and the work was completed in March 2012.
We are currently seeking funding to finish work on the main hall.
The hall is non-profit making and the rates we charge help to cover running and maintenance costs. We aim to provide a home for church groups, local groups and an affordable venue for people in our local community in the hope that many people will benefit from the new and improved facilities.
If you would like to enquire about hiring the hall please fill in this form (or email firstname.lastname@example.org)